Sep 25, 2012

Introduction, Stuff and Formalities

So...my first post then, huh? Seems like it.
Welcome everyone to my new blog called "The Rambler's Den"!
Actually it's quite a new experience to write freely my thoughts, experiences and ramblings I have in mind on a blog visible for everybody.
And without much rambling (which somehow contradicts the blog's purpose already -_- ), let's introduce myself!


Who am I actually and does anybody care about who I am?

Well, I think best people should answer that for themselves.
But anyways, let's write a bit about me actually:
I'm Marcus, live in good ol' Germany and have no issues telling redundant things even if these bits of information are 
already written in the description on the main site. :P
And yeah, I'm still in school (in 12th grade in a state of Germany where I have to take 13 grades which totally sucks) and so I don't try to get a job I think for now; would be too exhausting for me which doesn't mean I'm lazy (even though I like slacking off).
School work is much work, too, so I have more reason not to take another exhausting part-time job. School already is an exhausting part-time job: it consists of listening to people which have no one else to listen to. And try to let their self-esteem rise by doing what they want.
So my conclusion is: students are like amateur psychologists and teachers the patients. And we even don't get paid for that. XD

I digress I noticed again. You folks will see that often in my blog since it's the rambler's den here, yeah. Sounds a bit like a mad caveman rambling, raging and talking to himself in a cave while destroying things and going crazy. That actually describes me pretty good - except the destroying things and caveman part.
And you see...it's not really important that paragraph above, but at least it's purely me putting my effort 100% in the posts and in my blog.
And now this is the justification for reading the paragraph anyways. :P Take that, people!

My dream job would be that of an interpreter for documents. German, English, French and Spanish I wanna learn till I'm able to translate texts properly. German is my native language (should be obvious), in English I'm good enough I think and French and Spanish is in the making. I just love language and learning them.

And my fields of interest are in general trivial things, politics, economy not so much (even though I'm at an economy school!), sports, controversial topics and other topics that are to my liking. So expect some posts about that, too.

And yeah...I'm already in stuff I think. So let's get the subtitle done then! :)

Stuff

Yeah, question is: what will my posts be about?
I even wonder that myself. Or see the last part of first part of the post. Actually there is nothing much to write about here! So let's continue to...

Formalities


Quite surprised it's more important than I thought. Let's begin with the post schedule maybe!

My attempt is to make at least 2 posts a week. One post comes on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday depending on my free time and my thoughts I have or had during the time.
And the other post is surely up on the weekend - means on Saturday or Sunday.

Actually I try to distinguish the posts a bit. I shall see later on. Explanation comes later.
My first language is German since I lived in Germany for my whole life.
And it'd be kinda odd I think if I'd do a blog only in English. Since I have German friends, too. And that means potential German readers. So I thought of making a German blog, too.
And that means 4 posts a week actually. And I don't know if I can handle that. Writing about different thoughts, researching some stuff and get it written down in my own style.

So...I decided the following: the first post of a week will be individual. So the German blog will (or better said: can) have a different topic as the English blog.
Maybe the German blog gets another schedule. I think I'll write the first post on the German blog on Fridays.

But the most important point I think is: the second post which is up on Saturday or Sunday, will be translated! Means it's the same topic, nearly the same sentences (if there are puns , I can't translate them literally, can I?) and then I only need to think about 3 posts a week.
So, it's a bit of cutting corners, but it's the effort in the original post that counts!
And maybe I can connect the German and the English blog readers. Who knows, who knows?

And I need to train my translation skills anyways if interpreter is what I wanna become.
But translating sometimes is too much, so I maybe will put that whole junk of text in Google Translator first and then decipher the bullshit and try to let it sound like a original post. Or I translate it from scratch. I try to look which way is not necessarily faster, but more efficient for me.

So yeah, that's all folks! Nothing more to it! And I wonder if "That's all folks!" will be my traditional goodbye saying! But yeah, we'll see. Let's hope we have lots of fun with this blog and you readers shall have the most of it all! :D

2 comments:

  1. Great writing there... Can't wait for the other posts yer gonna post... Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! i hope you still remember me(: we met a looooooong time ago, last year actually on OMGPOP xD lol and weirdly enough i started blogging too you should check me out(:

    -Brittney A.K.A Brittlovesya213

    ReplyDelete